The Newtown Cultural Arts Commission established the Newtown Arts Festival to promote and support local arts and the community through arts-inspired entertainment, education, exhibits, and sales. The festival showcases all forms of creative expression, such as visual arts, dance, music, written word, and theater in the setting of a town-wide celebration. Proceeds will support grants and scholarships for local artists and arts organizations, future festivals, and other work of the Newtown Cultural Arts Commission. The application is OPEN
- Website: www.newtownartsfestival.com
- Contact: Barbara Snyder – Newtown Arts Festival Chair Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday, September 18th from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sunday, September 19th from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The Newtown Cultural Arts Commission is accepting applications from Artisans and Small businesses who would like to participate in this year’s Juried Event. Once again, we anticipate an amazing festival and expect to attract well over 5,000 patrons.
- The Newtown Arts Festival features a broad range of arts-related activities at the festival with over 200 artists participating in workshops, presentations, lectures, dance, music & theatrical performances. A wide variety of food and refreshments will also be available.
- The Newtown Arts Festival is held outdoors, rain or shine.
- No pets allowed.
- Authors/Literary – authors, poets, writers, & illustrators.
- Ceramics – clay and porcelain.
- Culinary/Food – pre-packaged food products made for consumption. All food and beverage products must follow regulations and pay any additional fees to the Newtown Health Department
- Digital Art & Photography – original image or manipulation of source material using a computer, digital photography as well as traditional photography.
- Drawing & Painting – works created using chalk, charcoal, pastel, pencil, oils, acrylics, watercolors, or wax crayon. Fluid medium of inks, and washes applied by pen or brush.
- Fiber Art – crafted from fibers including baskety, embroidery, weaving, leather, tapestry, doll making and paper.
- Glass – pressed glass, kiln-formed, glass blown, molded or casting.
- Graphic & Printmaking – print work, stones or screens.
- Health & Beauty – essential oils, make-up products, skincare
- Metal/Stone – functional, non-sculptural, non-jewelery crafted from metal or stone.
- Mixed Media – 2D & 3D work incorporating more than one type of physical material.
- Wearable Art & Jewelery – all jewelery created in metal, glass, clay fiber, paper, plasic or other materials and all clothing.
- Wood – hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved.
- An extremely limited number of small business booths are available on a first come basis.
- Each space is 10 X 10 OR 10 X 20 on a grassy field. There is absolutely no driving on the field.
- Booth Fee(s): 10 X 10 space = $150.00 • 10 X 20 space = $250.00
- Food Truck/Restaurant Space – $225.00 plus Health Dept fee
- Vendors provide their own canopy or tent (MUST be staked) tables, chairs. No electricity is available.
- Booth set-up will be in a block of four with each vendor receiving a corner space.
- Security will be provided onsite at all times (including overnight). Displays/Booths should be left overnight tightly secured under a tent.
- No Smoking
- No Pets allowed
- No Alcohol
Rules & Regulations
- This event is JURIED. An extremely limited number of small business booth spaces will be selected on a first come basis.
- All artists’ work offered for exhibit and sale must be designed and created by the applicant. We look for handmade, original, and unique work by artists. International Arts will be considered. Agent/dealers, imports, finished products from commercial molds or crafts done from commercial kits will not be accepted. The number of artists per category is limited. We make this ruling in order to maintain the quality for which this show has become known.
- We reserve the right to decline space to anyone exhibiting inappropriate items during the application process as well as at the event.
- Sales Tax: CT Sales Tax Id# must be provided in this application and must be displayed in vendor booth space where visible. Artisans/vendors retain all sales with no commission to the Newtown Arts Festival.
- Absolutely no driving on the field at any time