Featured Artist Submissions
- Submission: Submit a piece of Artwork representing the “ARTS in Newtown” (full color JPG format), along with your personal information (full name, location, email, phone number) medium of artwork, and a brief artist statement on your contribution (up to 150 words). Final digital art must be scanned at 300 dpi or be vector art.
- The theme: “ARTS in Newtown” can include the visual arts (painting, collage, digital art, wood cuts, sculpture, fiber arts) music, drama, poetry, prose, dance, film, crafts, culinary, horticulture, a special place, special people, an identifying symbol, a tradition, and so on.
- Title: The artwork may include the Festival title, date and tagline: “Newtown Arts Festival 2023”; “A Celebration of the Arts”; “September 22-24, 2023”
- Target Audience: The citizens and families of Newtown and the wider Fairfield County festival enthusiasts, musicians, artisans, theatre and film attendees, and dancers. Businesses as potential sponsors.
- Timeline: All submissions must be received by February 13, 2023. Final decision will be made on February 20, 2023.
- Accepted media: Digital visual design, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpting, mixed media, illustration. The art must be able to be adaptable for web and print media and social media.
- Usage rights: The Artist whose submission is selected grants Newtown Cultural Arts Commission and the Newtown Arts Festival Art Committee the exclusive right to use, print, modify, and reproduce the submitted artwork for the purpose of promoting the festival and its related programs, and subsequent display on Newtown Arts Festival website, printed press, and social media. Image credits will be provided with any use.
- Property rights: The artwork becomes the property of the Newtown Arts Commission and the graphic designers will have permission to convert the artwork into marketing pieces to promote or sell at the festival.
- Final deliverables: Digital or scanned art at 300 dpi full color CMYK and RGB. Selected artist will receive instructions on shipping their images or on submitting their high-res digital files for printing.
- Prize: The Artist whose submission is selected will receive a prize in the amount of $1,000. In addition, the artist and artwork will receive media coverage. The artwork should be suitable for display on professionally printed 16.5 x 23 posters and black or grey T-shirts. Since the t-shirts are screened individually by color, we ask that you limit the final artwork to four colors.
- Where to Submit: Send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ship to Newtown Cultural Arts Commission, 3 Primrose Lane, Newtown, CT 06470.
Past Year’s Posters
2012 Newtown Arts Festival Poster designed by Tracy Van Buskirk. Poster designed by David Cole Wheeler
2013 Newtown Arts Festival Illustration by Carol Collins. Poster Design by David Cole Wheeler and Linda Parsloe
2014 Newtown Arts Festival Illustration by Julia Sikes Provey. Poster designed by Linda Parsloe and Nancy Cole
2015 Newtown Arts Festival Poster designed by Tracy Van Buskirk. Poster designed by David Cole Wheeler
2016 Newtown Arts Festival Illustration designed by Susanne Gilmore. Poster designed by David Cole Wheeler
2017 Newtown Arts Festival Illustration and Poster designed by Linda Parsloe
2018 Newtown Arts Festival Illustration and Poster designed by Virginia Zimmerman
2019 Newtown Arts Festival Artwork designed by Paula Brinkman
2021 Newtown Arts Festival Illustration and Poster designed by Nancy Cole
2022 Newtown Arts Festival Illustration and Poster designed by Ryan Patrick